2017 Assets Matter Annual Symposium
November 2, 2017 at Preservation Park, Oakland
Co-hosted by CABC and Bay Area Asset Funders Network (BA AFN)
The purpose of the 2017 Assets Matter Symposium is to generate new ideas and highlight innovative strategies across a range of topics (products, services, issue areas, policies, populations served) in the asset building and financial empowerment fields in California. CABC and BA AFN will feature the innovative work of nonprofits, government agencies, and private sector organizations at the Symposium.
Anne has spent over 20 years working in the public sector on issues including child welfare, hunger, welfare reform, workforce development, community development, and higher education. Since 2011, Anne has led the Closing the Racial Wealth Gap initiative at the Insight Center, elevating the voices and opinions of experts of color in national economic debates and policy making. Her tireless work has brought the issue of the racial wealth gap into mainstream consciousness and vernacular with an explosion of media coverage of the data and research quantifying racial differences in wealth accumulation.
- 8:30 am – 9 am Registration and Breakfast
- 9 am – 10 am Opening Plenary and Keynote
- 10:15 am – 11:30 am Session 1
- 11:30 am – 12:45 pm Networking Lunch (including a legislative update)
- 1:00 pm – 2:15 pm Session 2
- 2:30 pm – 3:45 pm Non-Funders Only Session
- 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm Funders Only Session
- 4 pm – 5:30 pm Networking Reception