MISSION and VISION
Mission: The California Asset Building Coalition (CABC) is a statewide network of diverse organizations joined together to advance statewide policies and programs that help Californians to save, build assets, and achieve economic mobility.
Vision: We envision a California with a strong middle-class where hardworking Californians have access to the financial tools and incentives they need to achieve their dreams.
Click here to download the CABC fact sheet.
To achieve our mission we focus on three key objectives:
Educate policymakers and community leaders on ways to help low and middle-income Californians build savings and assets. We advance state legislative reforms based on our following policy priorities:
- Increase access to quality and affordable financial services and products to help families build assets over their lifetime.
- Create education savings opportunities to make higher education more affordable and reduce college debt.
- Promote affordable housing and homeownership opportunities as a path to the middle-class.
- Remove barriers to self-sufficiency by strengthening the social safety net and increasing access to tax credits.
- Improve the financial health and wellbeing of Californians by connecting them to affordable health insurance coverage made possible by the Affordable Care Act.
- Connect low and middle-income people to employment opportunities, including high-demand, high-growth industries, and sustainable careers to move them into self-sufficiency.
Elevate understanding of strategies to help Californians become financially secure.
- Assets Learning Conference. This first-of-its-kind state level symposium for policymakers and practitioners is held annually in California. Community leaders join with local, state and national experts to explore policy solutions, new research, and innovations on tackling financial challenges facing Californians.
- Digital Forums. These webinar discussions explore the most pressing financial issues facing residents and provide technical support and guidance to local coalitions.
Build a statewide constituency in support of asset building.
- We connect diverse stakeholders across the state and provide opportunities for engagement in our movement. This is done in partnership with the California Assembly Select Committee on Financial Empowerment and CFED’s Asset & Opportunity Network.