We educate policymakers, community leaders and stakeholders on strategies that help low- and middle-income Californians climb the economic ladder, and break the cycle of poverty that plagues over 9 million residents (24%) across the state. We advance state and federal legislation, based on our 5 policy principles:
- Increase access to safe and affordable financial services, education, and products that help families build assets over a lifetime.
- Expand economic tools and opportunities that help low- and middle-income communities pursue higher education, a secure retirement, healthcare coverage, stable housing, and viable homeownership options.
- Eliminate public and private wealth-stripping practices that exacerbate poverty.
- Strengthen social safety net programs that can help people climb the economic ladder.
- Connect low and middle-income communities to sustainable employment and career opportunities that lead to self-sufficiency.